Updated time series on stock market holdings in the earnings-related pension sector

24.05.2017

We have updated the time series graphs on Finnish stock market holdings in the earnings-related pension sector. The current graphs on our website describe the situation at the end of 2016.

At the end of last year, the value of the Finnish quoted shares owned by the entire earnings-related pension sector totalled EUR 13.8 billion. Pension insurance companies held 72.4 per cent, or EUR 10.0 billion, of these shares. The remaining 27.6 per cent were owned by public-sector pension insurers, company pension funds and industry-wide pension funds, as well as the Seafarer's Pension Fund and the Farmers’ Social Insurance Institution.

The page ‘Time series graphs on stock market holdings’ shows the Finnish quoted shares held by the entire earnings-related pension sector and the pension insurance companies since 2004. The ratio of these holdings to the market value of the Helsinki Stock Exchange is also illustrated.