Data on the financial statements of earnings-related pension providers
Every year, in cooperation with the Finnish Centre for Pensions, we publish a summary of the financial statements of earnings-related pension providers. The appendix to the financial statements is published in Finnish and Swedish, but on this page we have compiled the key figures of the data also in English.
The figures presented here relate to the year 2022 and apply to whole sector – except for solvency figures, which pertains only to pension providers in the private sector .
- Number of people insured 2.7 million.
- Number of pensioners 1.9 million.
- Sum of wages and salaries/confirmed income EUR 102.4 billion.
- Premium income EUR 25.7 billion (excluding contributions from the State Budget).
- Net income from investments at fair value -13.3 billion / -5.9%.
- Net income from investments in the income statement EUR -4.3 billion.
- Pensions paid EUR 30.6 billion.
- Total operating expenses (excluding investment expenses) EUR 454.7 million.
- Pension assets about EUR 242.4 billion.
- Investments at fair value about EUR 239 billion.
Pertains only to pension providers in the private sector.
- Solvency capital totalling EUR 33.0 billion.
- Solvency limit EUR 19.3 billion.
- Solvency capital/solvency limit 1.7.
- Solvency ratio 127.3 per cent.
The appendix to the financial statements is available in Finnish.
On the basis of the financial statements, we also put together an annual compilation of the market share data of pension providers both on the annual basis and as a time series. These can be found on our page Information on the market shares of pension providers.